Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Saying "Thank You"

Is saying "Thank You" to our soldiers in Iraq enough? I had the opportunity to say thank you to an American soldier when I travelled to the US in January. We both were at the airport in Sydney waiting for the flight to L.A. He was on his way home to Denver for a couple of weeks before he headed out to Iraq. I made sure to speak to him again when we arrived in L.A. I said "thank you, and come home safely." The words seem like not enough, but he seemed to be very appreciative. The photo here is my brother Jeff in Iraq. Jeff did a six month tour in Iraq last year and I hope he doesn't have to go back ever. Jeff, thank you for your time in Iraq. To ALL the soldiers in Iraq, thank you!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I didn't realize he was still in the reserves. I hope he doesn't have to go back again either. Its all so sad.