Saturday, May 26, 2007

Would You Stop?

A few weeks ago on my way home from work there was a man stranded by the roadside. He was having car trouble... he wasn't in a car... it was a jeep or something... didn't pay too much attention to the actual vehicle but did pay attention to the fact that he was having trouble.

I passed him by but looked in my review mirror and that voice inside my head said "turn around and make sure he's ok." So, I listened to my voice and turned at the next u-turn place and drove back... I locked my doors and rolled down the window enough to ask if he needed help. I knew I couldn't get out and change a flat tyre... well, I knew I WOULDN'T get out and change a flat tyre, whether I could or not is not important.

He said he was fine, his friend was coming to help him. I was very thankful that he was ok and help was coming. I'm so glad I turned around to make sure he was ok. I hope if I'm ever in that situation someone would stop to help me.

No comments: